The 3rd Annual Women in Entrepreneurship Brunch
Straight off the red-eye from NYC Sunday morning, our founder and CEO of Citrus Studios, Kalika Nacion Yap, headed to the the UCLA Anderson School of Management for the 3rd Annual Women in Entrepreneurship Brunch. Having been in NYC only a few hours earlier for the NYC Gift Show, where she was showing Luxe Link (her essential contribution to every woman’s handbag), Kalika quickly joined as one of the roundtable hosts!
This event had no shortage of talented and inspiring women in attendance. The highlight was powerhouse Jane Wurwand’s (CEO of Dermalogica) keynote speech which was sprinkled with real stories of her first three years in business – from zero to $260M+!
An inside peek at some of Jane’s invaluable advice:
1) Stay hungry. Stay foolish. Stay fierce.
2) Get the safe idea and then move on to the big scary idea that makes you different.
3) Thrive on pressure.
4) Embrace change.
5) Be frugal, spend where it matters. It’s not about cost, it’s about value.
6) All the data in the world does not equal an original idea.
7) Define your culture. Develop a clear culture and everyone must be a fit. You need believers.
Dermalogica’s Core Culture Values:
- Embrace and drive change.
- Create fun and a little weirdness.
- Be adventurous, creative and friendly.
- Build open and honest relationships by talking.
- Do more with less.
- Be enthusiastic and determined.
- Be authentic and humble.
Most importantly – Seek your higher purpose!