New Facebook Profile Picture Size (160 x 160)
Facebook has changed the size of the profile picture on all pages, which means both your personal and business pages will need a quick refresh.
The new Facebook profile picture size is 160 x 160 pixels, which is noticeably larger than the old size of 125 x 125 (as you can see by Coca-Cola images below).
On April 26, Facebook automatically made this update and left many users and brands asking why their profile pictures were now so blurry. It’s a minor change but a must to fix. After all, no one likes a blurry brand image.
It’s also important to note that Facebook crops images when generating a thumbnail, so part of the image you use will be lost. This is why many users and brands end up dragging the image so it’s either centered or positioned correctly.
Facebook asks that you upload a profile picture that is 180 x 180 pixels and it will crop the image automatically.
Lastly, the new Facebook profile picture size changes the image position slightly. It now sits at 23 pixels from the left and 210 pixels from the top of the page. Again, you can see from the Coca-Cola images below there is a clear difference between old and new.
OLD PROFILE PICTURE SIZE:
NEW PROFILE PICTURE SIZE:
via Social Fresh
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- awards (10)
- Bookshelf (4)
- branding (2)
- Citrus clients (29)
- Citrus Studios (120)
- conferences (1)
- core values (4)
- e-commerce (1)
- entepreneurship (10)
- event (16)
- fun (19)
- holiday (12)
- Infographic (6)
- inspiration (17)
- Kalika Yap (17)
- Leadership (9)
- mobile (1)
- outside activities (14)
- Print Design (1)
- SEO (2)
- social media (40)
- Technology (10)
- Tips (16)
- Uncategorized (47)
- Video Design (1)
- web design (24)
- Web Site Design (13)
- citruswebdesign on Presentation Tips- The Rule of Three
- georgeforfun on Inspiration of the day
- sonny on Inspiration of the day
- ankushmehta on Inspiration of the day
- Eric Green on Citrus is now certified as a Google AdWords Partner!
- San Diego SEO Services on 21 Expert SEO Tips
- online form generator on Presentation Tips- The Rule of Three
- taking classes online on Presentation Tips- The Rule of Three
- Magda on 100 Social Networking Statistics & Facts for 2012
- child safety booster seat law on Asian Journal – Kalika Yap. Pinay Serial Entrepreneur