Archive for the ‘Technology’ Category
- Retina Display – Four times more pixels than iPad 2. Razor-sharp text. Richer colors. The Retina display transforms the entire iPad experience. So everything looks and feels incredibly lifelike and perfectly detailed.
- The A5X chip with quad-core graphics drives four times the pixels of iPad 2 yet it delivers the same smoothness and fluidity iPad is known for. Even with all that extra oomph, the new iPad still gets an amazing 10 hours of battery life.
- 4G LTE – Built with the latest in wireless technology, the new iPad lets you connect to fast data networks around the world- up to 4G LTE.
- Apple’s 5-megapixel iSight camera – designed with advanced optics, it lets you shoot gorgeous photos and 1080p HD video.
- 200,000 app and counting — is designed to work with iPad features like the beautiful 9.7-inch screen, Multi-Touch, the accelerometer, the gyroscope, and more.
- iPhoto – features smart browsing, multi-touch editing, professional quality effects, brushes, photo beaming and photo journals.
- iPad Smart Cover – snaps perfectly into place to protect your iPad screen. Open the Smart Cover and your iPad wakes up. Close it and your iPad goes to sleep. Fold the Smart Cover and it becomes a stand.
The new iPad will be 9.4 millimeters thick, or 0.37 inches. That compares with 8.8 millimeters, or 0.34 inches, for the iPad 2. The weight is going up from 1.33 pounds to 1.4 pounds.
- $499 for 16 GB
- $599 for 32 GB
- $699 for 64 GB
- $629 for 16 GB
- $729 for 32 GB
- $829 for 64 GB
Courtesy of Apple.com
Steve Jobs’ commencement address at Stanford University in 2005 is one of his most quoted speeches. It has been described as ‘life-changing’ and ‘career transforming’.
Here are some of the quotes from his address:
- When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
- I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.
- Death is the destination we all share, no one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be because death is very likely the single best invention of life.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
- No one wants to die. Even people who wanna go to heaven don’t wanna die to get there.
- Again, you can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
Quotes from http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Steve_Jobs
Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the roundpegs in the squareholes, the ones who are not fond of rules.
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things.
And while some may see them as the “Crazy ones”, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world…
are the ones who do.
Thank you Steve Jobs! You’ll be missed.
Buzz around the office right now is about the Iphone 4S. Getting some mixed feelings on this one! Whats your take?
The most important new feature of the iPhone 4S is Siri, a voice-controlled “Intelligent Assistant” that can complete tasks based on natural language. Ask it what the weather is like today and it will respond with details.
Photos from: http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Our founder and CEO, Kalika Yap, will be serving as a panelist at the upcoming Connecting Women to Power Business Conference on March 30th!
She will be specifically participating in the break-out session entitled Branding Matters: Leveraging Technology to Market Your Business. Approximately 700 conference attendees are anticipated.
The Connecting Women to Power Business Conference is being sponsored by the California State Board of Equalization, California Educational Solutions (CES), and the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO). It will bring together leaders from corporations, government agencies, and strategic partner organizations to explore ways of positioning women entrepreneurs to thrive in today’s global and ever-changing business climate. Women who own their own businesses, or aspire to do so, will have a chance to build key connections while getting the latest on industry trends and discovering how to propel their businesses to the next level.
All proceeds from this conference will be used to provide low income and uninsured women access to breast cancer screenings that can be life-saving.
Whether you’re a small or big business, or just a blogger who wants his/her voice heard, reaching a target audience is necessary for success. Even after tapping into your market by means of e-commerce and brand identity, tools such as website management, internet advertising and SEO are key strategies for retention.
Citrus Studios prides in providing these services and will be more than happy to work with finding that key demographic for your website. To help further understand the audience for your website and how to effectively present it, it may be helpful to understand how the internet is being used by different generations.
PewInternet.org recently provided an impressive breakdown of defining different age brackets, which of them are using the internet, how each one utilizes the web, and through what means. This can all be seen via the image to the right.
Understanding how web trends vary like the one above and how to present websites accordingly is what our highly-skilled team specializes in, so don’t hesitate to be ahead of the curve and contact us today!