Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Check them out at these locations:
1661 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice CA 90291
Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks
If you’re someone who likes to post original photos and videos online, there’s a name for you. You’re a creator, according to research from the Pew Internet and American Life Project. “Creators,” who post photos and videos online that they made, make up 46% of Internet users. The 41% who gather videos they find elsewhere and post on image-sharing sites are called curators.
“The Internet has always been a platform for creators and curators,” Pew Internet’s Joanna Brenner, co-author of the report, said in a statement. “Now, as social media services continue to grow and expand, the tools are more visual and social, and that seems to be attracting special audiences of early adopters.”
These creators and curators are responsible for sharing and posting their photos and videos on social network sites like Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr. For the first time, Pew researchers have asked questions about these social media services, and their findings are not all that surprising. Women are more likely to use Pinterest than men, and young adults are heavy Instagram users.
Here are some of the key findings:
- 12% of online adults use Pinterest, which is dominated by women. Nearly one-fifth of online women (19%) use Pinterest, a site that allows users to organize and share content from around the web by “pinning” photos and images into “pinboards” that are organized by categories and themes. Each “pin,” which includes a caption, links back to the site from which it originated.
- 12% of online adults use Instagram, which is dominated by young adults. Some 27% of the Internet users between ages 18-29 use Instagram, which is a photo-sharing service built around a smartphone app that allows users to filter and tint photos they’ve taken and then share them with those they are connected to through the service on a photo feed. Facebook recently bought the service.
- 5% of online adults use Tumblr. Some 11% of young adults use this social blogging service that allows for easy sharing of various types of posts, including text, photos, quotes, links, music, and video.
The report is based on a phone survey of 1,005 adults taken early last month.
Citrus’ little mascot, Namu, turns one year old today!
We hope that you will have a long, healthy and happy life!
75 million Americans believe that bringing their dog to the workplace would increase their job satisfaction, and a recent study backs those claims up by reporting that people feel less stressed with their faithful companion by their side.
As we pointed out previously, Google Analytics is an excellent marketing tool one should not be without in the online business world. We’ve come across this article that points out 5 often ignored — but great! — features to use, especially if you want to get your website recognized in your target audience.
1. Custom Reports: Simplify, organize, and customize the data to display your business’ needs.
2. Scheduled Reports: Make Analytics work for you with updates straight to your inbox.
3. Navigational Summary: Find key details for individual pages on your site.
4. eCommerce and the $ Index: If you have an online store, use this to track products you’re selling, how much you’re earning from them, and more.
5. Goals and Funnels: Setting and accomplishing your business goals are made easy with this feature.
For more information about Google Analytics and how you can make it work for you, your business, and your website, contact Citrus Studios today.